The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Marillion, "I Will Walk on Water"


Every man has a song or two that helped him save his life. This was one for me.

Some people are only happy when everything is completely explained, filed, indexed, and accounted for. For every claim, there must be peer review. For every insistence, there must be verifiable evidence. For every experience, there must be hard proof.

And then there are those moments in life, when you know exactly the truth of what you are going through, but all of the experts and pundits tell you that you are surely mistaken. If it can't be reproduced in the laboratory, it surely can't be real.

Life isn't a laboratory. Things will happen that are truly mysterious, wonderful, and uplifting. The Universe is far bigger, and far more amazing, than what the special folks in their lab coats claim to understand. There is indeed magic, and there are indeed miracles.

None of it is about superstition, or about imaginary causes. It simply means that Nature and Providence will work in ways that we can't expect. Thank you for that.

Written in 12/1992

Marillion, "I Will Walk on Water", from Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other (1992)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e9UhF4IDBo

Something is coming out of the rain
Magic
it's happening again
Like the last time
I don't know how it happens
But I know what to do
Comin' up from the ground
I think it's you

I will walk on water

You sent me the red sun and the purple sky
Cirrus clouds and grins
Atoms of roses
The power to do anything
In the chaos of colors
And the fluttering of wings
You carry me up
And I'm free again

Don't let anyone tell you
This is impossible
What we have here is bigger than fear

I will walk on water

Don't let anyone tell you
This is unbelievable

Don't let anyone tell you
This is impossible

Hold on to me
Believe what you see
Hold on to me
Believe what you see

I will walk on water


No comments:

Post a Comment