The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Wisdom of Solomon 9:9-12


[9] "With you is wisdom, who knows your works
and was present when you did make the world,
and who understands what is pleasing in your sight
and what is right according to your commandments.
[10] Send her forth from the holy heavens,
and from the throne of your glory send her,
that she may be with me and toil,
and that I may learn what is pleasing to you.
[11] For she knows and understands all things,
and she will guide me wisely in my actions
and guard me with her glory.
[12] Then my works will be acceptable,
and I shall judge your people justly,
and shall be worthy of the throne of my father."

IMAGE: Benedetto Luti, Allegory of Wisdom (c. 1700)



No comments:

Post a Comment