The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Stoic Conversations 23


"So she tells me she won't talk to me until I stop drinking, and I tell her I won't stop drinking until she talks to me. I swear, I'm going to sit her out on this one!"

"No, you won't. A drunk man always passes out before an angry woman gives up. The next morning you'll regret it, and she'll still be angry."

"Maybe you can have a word with her? She just needs to know that I'll stop if she stops first."

"Or maybe you could just do the right thing, just because it's right, and make your decision your own. Don't take a drink, just for today, whether she talks to you or not."

"I get it, I show her by being the better man!"

"No, if you do anything just to show her, there is no way you will ever be a better man."





No comments:

Post a Comment