The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Asia: Heaven

My Wilderness Years were four years without anyone to talk to. No one seemed to care, and no one ever called.

One day, I was introduced to a young lady. She was kind, honest, and a woman of character. I wasn't used to girls like that. I was only familiar with the ones that were interested in their own pleasure and profit.

Now how can a man tell a girl like that how much he wants to love her forever? He takes her to a nice dinner, he treats her like a lady, and he walks her to to her door every night.

But I was a man raised in the '80's. I had to make the mix tape.

And I did exactly that. I ended up marrying that girl, and the first song on that old tape is still our song.

Written in  8/2000

Asia, "Heaven", from Arena (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLx0Zv0GB4w

In the distance, I can see them
On the trade winds, across stormy seas.
They are many, please believe me,
There's something to find,
There's someplace here deep inside of my mind.

There is a time where,
There is no place here.
Tell me if you get there...
Heaven

Can you see this land I'm dreaming?
Such a place, I hope we will find.
Is it there now? Tell me where now,
'Cos I need to know.
Believe... It's still deep inside of my mind.

There is a time where,
There is no place here.
Tell me if you get there...
Heaven.

Asiaarena.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment