The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Friday, May 14, 2021

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 32


The Blessed Lord said:

1. To you, who does not carp, verily shall I now declare this, the most profound knowledge, united with realization, having known which, you shall be free from the evil of Samsâra (Rebirth).

2. Of sciences, the highest; of profundities, the deepest; of purifiers, the supreme, is this; realizable by direct perception, endowed with immense merit, very easy to perform, and of an imperishable nature.

3. Persons without Shraddhâ (Respect) for this Dharma, return, O scorcher of foes, without attaining Me, to the path of rebirth fraught with death.

4. All this world is pervaded by me in My unmanifested form: all beings exist in Me, but I do not dwell in them. 

5. Nor do beings exist in Me in reality, behold My Divine Yoga! Bringing forth and supporting the beings, My Self does not dwell in them. 

6. As the mighty wind, moving always everywhere, rests ever in the Akâsha (Aether), know you, that even so do all beings rest in Me.

7. At the end of a Kalpa (Aeon), O son of Kunti, all beings go back to My Prakriti (Primal Matter): at the beginning of another Kalpa, I send them forth again.

8. Animating My Prakriti, I project again and again this whole multitude of beings, helpless under the sway of Prakriti.

9. These acts do not bind Me, sitting as one neutral, unattached to them, O Dhananjaya.

10. By reason of My proximity, Prakriti produces all this, the moving and the unmoving; the world wheels round and round, O son of Kunti, because of this.

Bhagavad Gita, 9:1-10



No comments:

Post a Comment