The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Monday, March 22, 2021

Stoic Conversations 35


"So you write all this Stoic stuff down every day? Like some Anne of Green Gables with her journal? How much time does that take?"

"Usually half an hour, maybe an hour."

"And you're like those folks complaining that they're not rich. Priceless!"

"I've never complained to you that I'm not rich."

"Find something better to do with that time, like going to the gym. You look skinny and weak. Put some real muscle on you, and then people will respect you."

"What sort of people?"

"Huh?"

"What sort of people will respect me if I get all buff?"

"The ones who matter, the ones who get the pussy, the ones who get the pay."

"I'll pass, thank you. I keep my body as fit as I can, to keep my soul as fit as I can."

"Huh?"

"Exactly."



No comments:

Post a Comment