The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Friday, November 5, 2021

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 39


32. Of manifestations I, am the beginning, the middle and also the end; of all knowledges I am the knowledge of the Self, and Vâda of disputants.

33. Of letters the letter "A" am I, and Dvandva of all compounds; I alone am the inexhaustible Time, I the Sustainer, by dispensing fruits of actions, All-formed.

34. And I am the all-seizing Death, and the prosperity of those who are to be prosperous; of the feminine qualities I am Fame, Beauty, Inspiration, Memory, Intelligence, Constancy and Forbearance.

35. Of Sâmas also I am the Brihat-Sâma, of metres Gâyatri am I; of months I am Mârgashirsha, of seasons the flowery season. 

36. I am the gambling of the fraudulent, I am the power of the powerful; I am victory, I am effort, I am Sattva of the Sâttvika. 

37. Of the Vrishnis I am Vâsudeva; of the Pândavas, Dhananjaya; and also of the Munis I am Vyâsa; of the sages, Ushanas the sage. 

38. Of punishers I am the scepter; of those who seek to conquer, I am statesmanship; and also of things secret I am silence, and the knowledge of knowers am I. 

39. And whatsoever is the seed of all beings, that also am I, O Arjuna. There is no being, whether moving or unmoving, that can exist without Me. 

40. There is no end of My divine attributes, O scorcher of foes; but this is a brief statement by Me of the particulars of My divine attributes. 

41. Whatever being there is great, prosperous, or powerful, that know you to be a product of a part of My splendor.

42. Or what avails you to know all this diversity, O Arjuna? Know you this, that I exist, supporting this whole world by a portion of Myself.

Bhagavad Gita, 10:32-42



No comments:

Post a Comment