The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 37


Arjuna said:

12-13. The Supreme Brahman, the Supreme Abode, the Supreme Purifier, are You. All the Rishis, the Deva-Rishi Nârada as well as Asita, Devala, and Vyâsa have declared You as the Eternal, the Self-luminous Purusha, the first Deva, Birth-less and All-pervading. So also You Yourself say to me.

14. I regard all this that You say to me as true, O Keshava. Verily, O Bhagavân, neither the Devas nor the Dânavas know Your manifestation.

15. Verily, You Yourself know Yourself by Yourself, O Purusha Supreme, O Source of beings, O Lord of beings, O Deva of Devas, O Ruler of the world.

16. You should indeed speak, without reserve, of Your divine attributes by which, filling all these worlds, You exist.

17. How shall I, O Yogin, meditate ever to know You? In what things, Bhagavân, are You to be thought of by me?

18. Speak to me again in detail, Jnanârdana, of Your Yoga-powers and attributes; for I am never satiated in hearing the ambrosia of Your speech.

Bhagavad Gita, 10:12-18



No comments:

Post a Comment