The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Monday, June 28, 2021

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 34


19. As sun I give heat; I withhold and send forth rain; I am immortality and also death; being and non-being am I, O Arjuna!

20. The knowers of the three Vedas, worshipping Me by Yajna, drinking the Soma, and thus being purified from sin, pray for passage to heaven; reaching the holy world of the Lord of the Devas, they enjoy in heaven the divine pleasures of the Devas.

21. Having enjoyed the vast Swarga-world, they enter the mortal world, on the exhaustion of their merit. Thus, abiding by the injunctions of the three Vedas, desiring desires, they constantly come and go. 

22. Persons who, meditating on Me as non-separate, worship Me in all beings, to them thus ever jealously engaged, I carry what they lack and preserve what they already have. 

23. Even those devotees, who endued with Shraddhâ, worship other gods, they too worship Me alone, O son of Kunti, but by the wrong method. 

24. For I alone am the Enjoyer, and Lord of all Yajnas; but because they do not know Me in reality, they return to the mortal world. 

25. Votaries of the Devas go to the Devas; to the Pitris, go their votaries; to the Bhutas, go the Bhuta worshippers; My votaries too come unto Me. 

Bhagavad Gita, 9:19-25




No comments:

Post a Comment