The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Monday, June 7, 2021

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 33


11. Unaware of My higher state, as the great Lord of beings, fools disregard Me, dwelling in the human form. 

12. Of vain hopes, of vain works, of vain knowledge, and senseless, they verily are possessed of the delusive nature of Râkshasas and Asuras (Demigods).

13. But the great-souled ones, O son of Prithâ, possessed of the Divine Prakriti, knowing Me to be the origin of beings, and immutable, worship Me with a single mind.

14. Glorifying Me always and striving with firm resolve, bowing down to Me in devotion, always steadfast, they worship Me.

15. Others, too, sacrificing by the Yajna of knowledge (i.e., seeing the Self in all), worship Me the All-Formed, as one, as distinct, as manifold. 

16. I am the Kratu, I the Yajna, I the Svadhâ, I the Aushadham, I the Mantra, I the Ajyam, I the fire, and I the oblation.

17. I am the Father of this world, the Mother, the Sustainer, the Grandfather; the Purifier, the one thing to be known, the syllable Om, and also the Rik, Sâman and Yajus.

18. The Goal, the Supporter, the Lord, the Witness, the Abode, the Refuge, the Friend, the Origin, the Dissolution, the Substratum, the Storehouse, the Seed immutable.

Bhagavad Gita, 9:11-18






No comments:

Post a Comment