The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Wisdom of Solomon 8:9-15


[9] Therefore I determined to take her to live with me,
knowing that she would give me good counsel
and encouragement in cares and grief.
[10] Because of her I shall have glory among the multitudes
and honor in the presence of the elders, though I am young.
[11] I shall be found keen in judgment,
and in the sight of rulers I shall be admired.
[12] When I am silent they will wait for me,
and when I speak they will give heed;
and when I speak at greater length
they will put their hands on their mouths.
[13] Because of her I shall have immortality,
and leave an everlasting remembrance to those
who come after me.
[14] I shall govern peoples,
and nations will be subject to me;
[15] dread monarchs will be afraid of me when they hear of me;
among the people I shall show myself capable,
and courageous in war.



No comments:

Post a Comment