The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita 26


7. Beyond Me, O Dhananjaya, there is nothing. All this is strung in Me, as a row of jewels on a thread.

8. I am the sapidity in waters, O son of Kunti; I, the radiance in the moon and the sun; I am the Om in all the Vedas, sound in Akâsha (Aether), and manhood in men.

9. I am the sweet fragrance in earth, and the brilliance in fire am I; the life in all beings, and the austerity am I in ascetics.

10. Know Me, O son of Prithâ, as the eternal seed of all beings. I am the intellect of the intelligent, and the heroism of the heroic.

11. Of the strong, I am the strength devoid of desire and attachment. I am, O bull among the Bhâratas, desire in beings, unopposed to Dharma.

12. And whatever states pertaining to Sattva, and those pertaining to Rajas, and to Tamas, know them to proceed from Me alone; still I am not in them, but they are in Me.

13. Deluded by these states, the modifications of the three Gunas of Prakriti, all this world does not know Me, beyond them, and immutable.

14. Verily, this divine illusion of Mine, constituted of the Gunas, is difficult to cross over; those who devote themselves to Me alone, cross over this illusion. 

Bhagavad Gita, 7:7-14



No comments:

Post a Comment