The Death of Marcus Aurelius

The Death of Marcus Aurelius

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Beauty?


When the things you value are met only with confusion and alarm, you know it might be time to change the company you keep. 

A few fellows I know were having a bit of fun by sharing pictures of the women they found most beautiful. There was thankfully nothing dirty or sexist to it, just the usual debate about which qualities are most attractive. 

I made the mistake of putting in my own two cents, and the whole conversation died instantly. 

You see, they had been posting photos of celebrities and supermodels, and I offered these: 

A wholesome American "doughnut girl" from the First World War. 

A smiling English lass assembling a Sten gun during the Second World War.

A captivating French woman carrying home some bread and wine. 

They have no idea what it means to say that the sexiest thing in the world is personality and character. I'm fairly sure I will not be invited to the next pub crawl. 





1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about the woman to man equivalent of this, and I think pictures of men holding babies or interacting with small children would be on the list. Character and personality is important, but I think having strength yet knowing how to be gentle (versus being incapable of either) is the biggest thing.

    ReplyDelete